Got a minute? Dr. Dale Meyer wants to have a few words with you! Timely Reflections: A Minute a Day with Dale Meyer is a collection of 365 inspirational devotions from the long-running and ever-popular Meyer Minute weekday online series. Dr. Meyer aptly uses Scripture along with his own wisdom and experience to guide his readers through the joys and pitfalls of daily living. Insightful, uplifting, and sometimes challenging, these daily reflections will provide plenty of spiritual food for thought.
- Want to read Dr. Meyer's insights on marriage and family life? Need encouragement and comfort in times of personal struggles or grief? Wrestling with guilt, or having problems with trust or forgiveness? We've designed this book to be a valuable and adaptable resource for you! The topical index in the back will guide you to the specific reflections which feature the topics and themes you are looking for. And if you are searching for some inspiration and application on a particular Bible verse as you prepare for a sermon or Bible class, we've got a Scripture passage index to direct you to the appropriate entries in the book.
- Timely Reflections is designed to adapt easily to any year. The sections for Lent and Advent are marked with symbols in the headers so you can easily find them in the book each year. A handy reference card/bookmark that lists holidays and special days in the church year for 2015 is included with your purchase.
- Read each daily reflection in sequence, or jump around as you wish. Feel free to mark up the pages and make notes. Tailor this book to your specific needs, and allow it to become a helpful resource and companion during your devotional time – and throughout your day!
- Similar to The Meyer Minute series, the reflections in this book were written and designed to be shared with others. When you come across a particular daily reflection that would be helpful and uplifting to someone you know, share this book with them – or better yet, give them a copy of their own!
Timely Reflections is sure to become a favorite book for your devotional time with God. Set aside a minute a day to read, reflect, savor, and share each one!
We gratefully acknowledge the Foreword writers for Timely Reflections:
- Brian L. Friedrich, M.Div., Ph.D., President, Concordia University, Nebraska
- John Shimkus, Member of Congress, 15th District, Collinsville, Illinois
- Henry J. Hummert, Ph.D., Consulting Psychologist at CMA/Colarelli, Meyer & Associates,
St. Louis, Missouri
Dr. Dale A. Meyer currently serves as President of Concordia Seminary in St. Louis, MO. He was the Speaker of The Lutheran Hour radio program from 1989 to 2001. Dr. Meyer continues to be a beloved and well-known preacher and conference speaker. He and his wife Diane have been married for over 40 years. They have two grown daughters and five grandchildren.