Look inside this book
Now accepting pre-orders for Word Alive!
This book will be in stock December 15-20. Once we have the books in stock, we will ship your order immediately. PLEASE NOTE: If you need your order sooner, Amazon may have it available for delivery in an earlier time frame. Tri-Pillar Publishing will donate 30% of all sales of Word Alive! to Concordia Seminary, including books purchased from other online retailers such as Amazon.
From the pulpits of small country churches, large urban congregations, and the seminary chapel—and across the airwaves as Speaker of The Lutheran Hour—Dr. Dale Meyer has been bringing God's Word to the people for over 40 years. This collection of 52 inspirational sermons, spanning decades of Dr. Meyer's ministry, will engage, encourage, comfort, and challenge your life through God's living and active Word! Each of the 52 weeks in Word Alive! features a powerful sermon, questions for further reflection and discussion, and a personal retrospective written by Dr. Meyer.
We gratefully acknowledge Rev. Dr. Gregory Seltz for writing the Foreword for Word Alive!
Word Alive! is being released in conjunction with Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, as a fundraiser for the seminary. Tri-Pillar Publishing will also make a donation to CSL for every book purchased.
- Receive a FREE limited-edition copy of Word Alive! with your gift of $100 or more to Concordia Seminary, St. Louis! Visit csl.edu/give to learn more and make a donation!
- Special introductory price! For a limited time, purchase Word Alive! for only $21.95 – a savings of $3 off the list price!
- Buy more and save! Purchase 6 or more copies of Word Alive! and save 25% off the list price!
Here's what people are saying...
Word Alive! is a faith-enlivening, faith-strengthening resource…If you want to see the heart of what makes the Bible a unique Word, and the message of Jesus Christ an enduring reality still today, you’ll see it in the simple, compelling Word Alive! sermons of a pastor who has spent his life trying to speak that Word for you. [Excerpt from the Foreword.]Rev. Dr. Gregory Seltz, Executive Director, Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty; Speaker Emeritus of The Lutheran Hour
Dr. Dale Meyer approaches God's Word with childlike wonder, scholarly precision, and the heart of a pastor. The result are sermons with connective power for a wide range of people: the average person in the pew, radio audiences numbering in the millions, and scholars in a faith-forming academic community. These sermons truly feed the soul, providing encouragement and direction for daily living. Dr. Meyer insightfully and insistently takes readers to the cross and shows them Jesus. What a blessing!Rev. Dr. Thomas R. Ahlersmeyer, Senior Pastor, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Fort. Wayne, IN
Riding on the Lutheran Hour Ministries Rose Parade float with Rev. Dale Meyer, we rounded the corner in front of the packed stands of spectators in Pasadena – and with a huge sigh he said, "Oh, how I would love to preach to this crowd!" A pure passion for preaching! And that's exactly what you will find as you "hear" the Word of God shared in this collection of sermons for your daily devotion and study.Patti Ross, President, Lutheran Women’s Missionary League (LWML)
Thought-provoking, Insightful. Christ-centered. Law and Gospel. Humorous. Sincere. These are some of the words to describe Dr. Dale Meyer’s sermons. When preaching, Dr. Meyer has the gift of connecting with and engaging people of all ages, even if they don’t think they have the need or the time for their Savior. He brings sound theology down to earth with sincerity, humor, and obvious love of the people of God. As a church musician, I have never tired of hearing Dr. Meyer preach at Holy Cross in Collinsville – sometimes the same sermon several times a weekend at multiple services! His preaching style is a mix of ‘folksy’ and ‘friendliness’ – never patronizing or distant-- yet he is still able to challenge the thoughts and hearts of his listeners with words of truth, grace, law and Gospel. It is always a pleasure to hear his sermons! Quoting Scripture, hymn verses, Luther, and other theologians with equal enthusiasm, Dr. Meyer’s sermons educate as well as edify. Everyone who is engaged in any aspect of public ministry can benefit not only from reading the words of Dr. Meyer’s sermons, but also from celebrating and emulating his sincerity and manner of communication. This collection of his sermons will be a treasure on the shelf of lay person and clergy alike.Karen Shimkus, Retired Director of Music, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Collinsville, IL
There’s no other way to put it: Dr. Meyers’s sermons are some of the best I've heard! As a teacher, Dr. Meyer said a preacher must apply God’s Word to the word of the world, and do so in a way that is relatable, memorable and inspirational. Dr. Meyer not only teaches this, but does it again and again in his sermons, encouraging his hearers to a stronger confidence in their Lord Jesus Christ and motiving them for faithful service in His name.Rev. Craig Reiter, Holy Cross Lutheran Church, Ste. Genevieve, Missouri; Concordia Seminary MDiv. Class of 2017
More About Word Alive
From the pulpits of small country churches, large urban congregations, and the seminary chapel — and across the airwaves as Speaker of The Lutheran Hour — Dr. Dale Meyer has been bringing God's Word to the people for over 40 years. This collection of 52 inspirational sermons, spanning decades of Dr. Meyer's ministry, will engage, encourage, comfort, and challenge your life through God's living and active Word! Each of the 52 weeks in Word Alive! features a powerful sermon, questions for further reflection and discussion, and a personal retrospective written by Dr. Meyer.
- It’s perfect for individual or group study! Following each sermon, you’ll find a section called For Further Reflection, which includes questions and related Scripture readings. Use them for your Bible study group, or for your personal devotional time at home.
- Peek into yesteryear with Dr. Meyer! Each week also features a personal Retrospective section written by Dr. Meyer as he looks back and shares special memories from that particular sermon or era. Many retrospectives also include his sermon techniques and preaching advice for pastors and teachers. On some weeks you’ll even find scanned images from the original typed sermons or bulletins.
- Easily find what you need! The topical index in the back will guide you to the specific sermons which feature the topics and themes you are looking for. And if you are searching for inspiration and application on a particular Bible verse as you prepare for a Bible class or sermon, you’ll find a Scripture passage index to direct you to the appropriate entries in the book.
- Use for any year! Word Alive! can be used year after year. The sections for Lent and Advent are marked with symbols in the headers so you can easily find them in the book each year. A handy reference bookmark, included with your order, lists special days and occasions.
- Word Alive! makes a great gift! And with our discount on orders of 6 or more books, you’ll save money while stocking up on gifts that will be greatly appreciated!
Word Alive! was released in conjunction with Concordia Seminary, St. Louis, as a fundraiser for the Seminary. Tri-Pillar Publishing will also make a donation to CSL for every book purchased.
We gratefully acknowledge the Foreword writer, Rev. Dr. Gregory Seltz, Executive Director of the Lutheran Center for Religious Liberty in Washington, D.C., and Speaker Emeritus of The Lutheran Hour (2011-2017).